Thursday, July 29, 2010

Happy Days

Happy-Thursday-almost-to-Friday-almost-to-the-weekend!
We've had a lot to celebrate today...
First, I must report our little scrumptious one is sleep training like a champ! I always begin at around a month and this little lady is already putting herself to sleep for naps and going down to bed around 6:30pm (that's if mom doesn't eat anything unusual that upsets her poor tummy!) I couldn't be happier about her emerging sleep patterns--for a schedule-oriented mama, this is bliss. The sooner we conquer sleep, the sooner our life finds its new normal. We are already partway there! woo hoo!! I think God heard my prayers for a good sleeper--there's no other way I'd be surviving otherwise. :)

Secondly, we celebrated our sweet pup, Custer's birthday! The boys were so excited to make an event out of it... Cus turned 8 yesterday, but we decided to extend the celebration to today when he could have some "friends" over for a party. Unfortunately, one friend hurt her paw yesterday (stitches, splint, etc.), so Custer and his cousin, Jackson, had their own puppy fun together. Mimi and Papa (good sports) also came over to celebrate with the boys. We all wore party hats, sang "happy birthday", and watched the pups enjoy some puppy snacks. Are we cheeseballs or what?! I feel like I'm making up for the past few years of missing the "big" event... Other priorities? You think? :)

Hope this finds you having a great week!
Blessings,

6 comments:

Shannon said...

Ahh!!! ADORABLE! LOVE the puppy party idea! Too cute.

Also... B, MG is simply gorgeous! love the outfit... SO beyond happy she's getting a hang of the sleep thing...

are you cloth diapering? How's it going? Any different for a girl or the same?

Carolina Girl said...

Ohh, happy day to you Custer!
We used to celebrate Murray and Sandy's bdays, but this year I forgot all about them until I was in bed on each of the nights and just rolled over and excitedly said, "Happy Birthday Murray...Sandy" and then went to sleep! ha!

MG is super cute and I'm glad she's a good sleeper thus far! I'm already wondering about sleep patterns for our Miss Bit...

Elso said...

Happy birthday Custer! So glad MG is sleeping so well. She's adorable!

Liz said...

B-MG is absolutely beautiful. Congrautlations! I love that you had a birthday party for your dog, I always try to do something for my pup's birthday as well. :)

-Liz (from SV)

FL G said...

Happy 8th B-day, Custer! Those party hats are just so doggone cute...and they look mighty familiar. Glad to hear that a good time was had by all except Cus' friend.

That, plus MG sleeping well, makes for one great celebration!

evacauble said...

Loved seeing you all yesterday! Bailey sends happy bday wishes to sweet Custer! We'll get them together soon. So amazed at MG - and her mama! Sleep is KEY! Happy happy Friday to you and Gasperini-ville!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers