Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Taking the Day Off!

I've decided to take the day off of being pregnant.

Who's pregnant?? What??
Not B-mama, at least for today.

I'm starting to get a little heady about all of this anticipation and its beginning to stress me out! Almost like a performance anxiety is sweeping in. Like I'm late for a date that technically isn't my due date. That date (according to modern wisdom) is tomorrow!! I could squash ultrasounds at the moment. Who ever trusted those silly things!!! And why is my doctor using that date to lord over me?!!

My body will do what it will do when its ready.
And it will be so good when it happens.

So today:
I'm not interpreting signs.
I'm not talking to my doula.
I'm not going to any doc appts.

I'm going to do chores around the house.
I'm going to the gym.
I'm going to enjoy my boys.

I'm taking the day off! :) Ha!!

Unofficially un-pregnant,

5 comments:

Molly said...

Ha! You are so good-natured. Good luck on being un-pregnant. Doctors should definitely give due date ranges rather than actual dates--single dates are way too much to live up to!

Jaime said...

Oh dear!:) You are so funny. Have a great day sweets!!!

Right Said Red said...

Love it.

And your doctor can't Lord anything over you. If you believe your due date is today, then it is today. Forget all the induction talk, your going to have the baby when you have the baby, and you can't be induced if you don't agree and you don't show up!

julie said...

good for you!!!....do some extra deep knee squatts at the gym today, stay low for one minute then return to standing then do it again and again..couldn't hurt ;)

Erin said...

My midwife sister in law refers to it as a "due-month" rather than a due-date. What insight (and control) you have over your anxious emotions! Have a fun unpregnant day!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers