Saturday, April 12, 2008

Prego shorts

As I wrap up week 24 of this blessed pregnancy, I just had to share a quick prego funny and a few profile shots with you. First, the funny:

The other night I was making a chicken and rice casserole and appropriately dragged out my rice cooker. It has been a new addition to my kitchen after our first one broke years ago. I finally bought one on sale at Target and have used it a few times, but am still very dependent on the manual for operation. Well, the manual was nowhere to be found and I knew I needed equal parts rice and water, so away I went. I flipped on the cooker and busied myself with the prep for the other ingredients... Minutes later, I smelled burning and the machine turned off by itself, much too soon for the rice to be done. I was so angry (pregnancy hormone-induced!), swearing off rice cookers for the rest of my life. I let the machine cool down a bit and then flipped it on again to cook. It "worked" for a few minutes again and then shut off. "Oh well," I thought, "I'm just going to let it sit there and maybe the rice will eventually be ready." The smell of burning was really prevalent now and my rice-cooker-cursing was even more outstanding! Finally, the rice was done and I proceeded with my casserole, only to later lift the rice cooker pot and find this:

I cooked my rice cooker manual! Boy, am I definitely pregnant!

The shots below confirm this... my bump is growing! Hope you all are enjoying a wonderful weekend! God bless!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh, B! You are a GORGEOUS pregnant mamma! Love the bump -- is there anything better?! Hope you are feeling good in this second trimester!

Love and Hugs!!!

Jessica said...

Oh how adorably precious! You look fabulous, B! Just glowing and radiant.

Right Said Red said...

Lol. I love that you cooked the rice-cooker manual. You look GREAT! I look like that for about 1 week after I take a positive pregnancy test...and then my body starts getting fatter and bigger as I grow an 11 pound baby ;-)

Elso said...

You look awesome B-mama! What a cute little bump. I can't wait to see the new little one.

Shannon said...

you're adorable!! oh my goodness!
and...too funny about the rice cooker! glad you didn't burn down the kitchen!

Carolina Girl said...

You look great B-mama!!! So happy in your prego glow! Very funny about the rice cooker manual. Your little bump is very cute.

Lillian said...

You look glowing!!

katy said...

You look SO cute!!! :)

Kerry said...

B- you look great! LOL about the rice cooker!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers