Tuesday, April 29, 2008

The Distractors

Way back when in college, I earned the affectionate title "The Distractor" by a few of GG's beloved roommates. I would saunter over to their room to see GG and wind up keeping the whole bunch of them from doing work! Oops! I guess it's because I'm so engaging (cough, cough :); one of my personal attributes, if you will. And no doubt, my boys have now inherited their mama's talent!! They are expert at all things distracting.

GG is in the thick of law work with a paper, final, and take-home final still to go (and all due within days of each other!) We had a long talk last night about how he would need to get up and sneak out of the house in order to get work done... How he wouldn't be able to join us in the evenings for dinner or bedtime in order to make sure everything was accomplished on time. "No worries," I told him, "We'll be fine. Get your work done and we'll be so excited to spend time with you when you're finished." Excellent plan.

Until this morning. :)

Enter Daddy from stage left.
Enter THREE Distractors from stage right.

Do you think GG had any hope in getting out of here before 9am?
No way!

One pee pee trip, eye drop tackling (M is on antibiotics for pink eye, which requires 3 doses of drops/day--yikes!), boy dressing, breakfast munching, car send-off, and T-baby rousing and our Daddy was "free" to go.

Poor guy!
The Distractors strike again. :)

Hope you're having a blessed week so far. Sorry to have been so absent recently--I will do my best to distract you in the coming days... God bless!

1 comment:

Carolina Girl said...

The best laid plans...!:)
What better way to be distracted than by your loving family!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers