Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lions...

and tigers...
and children...

OH MY! Our morning at the zoo was great fun Saturday. Both M and T seemed to enjoy themselves and the various exhibits, particularly those of the fish (very original as we see these every week at the grocery store! :), red pandas, and wallabes ("baby kangaroos"). How fun to follow up on M's recent interest in a new Noah's ark book. He loved seeing animals also found in the story!

Afterward, we ventured to Ohio to visit family there. GG took us halfway to meet my mom so we could return later with my parents' minivan--our new set of Gasperini-Ville wheels! This mama of soon-to-be three couldn't be happier!! I have never been adverse to driving a Mom-mobile and I embrace the new role willingly! Who can argue with more space??

Later that night, we celebrated my brother-in-law's black belt karate accomplishment with a black 'n white cake. Note to readers: NEVER eat black icing. Here is what will result:

The whole family had stained lips, teeth, tongues, etc. all the way until the morning... and beyond! Try getting that off of a squirmy 1-year-old! lol.

Our Sunday was full of wonderful times with old friends (thanks for the awesome coffee date, Neen!), a baby shower, and ice cream gathering. Here are few shots from the shower, the first of which was taken of the girls and the second of the girls and moms (minus two of our very best gal pals!) My friend since kindergarten, Amy, is having her first near the end of June! How fun to see her wonderful belly and know that we are not far behind... :)
The boys and I returned yesterday in our new minivan! I will soon have pics up of this uber-mama in her new mama wheels...

God bless your Tuesday! Happy Earth Day!

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Fun times in Gasperini-ville! How do you do it all?? Can't wait to see the new wheels!! Custer will be glad to stretch out a little now! :) We're wondering how we're all going to fit in the Jeep this summer on our trip to SC.

Rachel said...

I can't believe how big your sister's boys are! (That was them in the Superman costumes, right?!!) I remember when you told us she found out she was having twins -- it seems like yesterday!

I'm so glad you were able to spend time at home with friends and family. I'm SO jealous of your new ride! Much to Jon's chagrin, my dream car is the Honda Odyssey -- can't wait to have a minivan full of kids someday, God-willing!

Blessings and Hugs to you and your boys! Hope you are enjoying all of this wonderful spring weather!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers