Monday, April 27, 2009

A Morning Ditty

Good Morning to you
Good Morning to you
We're all in our places
with bright shiny faces.
And this is the way,
to start a new day.

We sing this song occasionally when going in to wake the boys in the morning. I can recall singing it often to our oldest M when he was a baby. It is definitely the type of song I plan to continue to sing to my kids well into their teen years, just to embarrass them to no end. Ha! :) It is a shiny, happy song and tends to bring a smile to any face as it is sung.

Today is one of those days when I am actively "putting on a happy face." Mono is kicking my rear, for sure!! In addition to the overwhelming fatigue has been the onset of a really sore and swollen throat. I could feel my sleep interrupted last night whenever I would swallow and feel the excruciating pain. Lord, help me! Toughest yet has been watching my fitness go from uber-half-marathon status to atrophy city. Ugh!! :) Since I have always been a fitness guru, it has been maddening not heading to the gym or jumping on the elliptical here.

Talking this morning with my sister, we searched for how God is going to use this time of illness for good. No doubt I am learning greater patience. I'm also learning my limits and He's reminding me to avoid overdoing it! In my down moments, I am getting to see and breathe and take in life around the house, rather than passing through the days so quickly that times are often blurry from activity!

Today, T and I snuggled together to read some books and then played a game of Candyland. Life at the moment seems a little simpler. And that, of course, is wonderfully blessed.

I hope you awoke this morning to the start of a brilliant week.
Hum a merry tune and think of me; I'm singing right along with you.

God bless,

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH M

So sad to hear that you are still sooo sick. Prayers for peace and a quick healing!!

:)

Kerry said...

Prayers B! I hope you start feeling better soon. No worries..muscle has memory...you'll be back to your tip top shape soon after you are able to workout again.

Carolina Girl said...

Prayers from TX too B-mama! We hope you're feeling better today. Being sick is not fun at all, but even more so as a mother. Everyone still depends on you and you just need to rest. I wish I was there to take the boys for you for a while.

Blair said...

I hope you start feeling better soon. I had mono in high school and that throat pain was almost unbearable!

B-Mama said...

Thank you all! Your prayers and well wishes mean the WORLD to me!! I have a doc appt. scheduled to check in tomorrow. A friend is making dinner today and watching the big boys this afternoon--whew! I'm gearing up for a nice afternoon nap!! Thanks and blessings!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers