Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Finally, the highlights!

What? When did it become Thursday already?
Are Holy week and Easter really next week?? Craziness!!

The week is obviously getting away from me, so before losing all memories of our Florida trip, here are a few highlights:

*waking the first day to Gramz and M perched on the balcony, awaiting the sunrise
*watching 5 grandsons descend on their grandparents in bed that first morning... and seeing them welcomed with smiles and cheer!
*reveling in my 5-year-old nephews and their maturity and sweetness--what good boys they are! I'm so proud of them.
*seeing cousins enjoy one another and play so happily together; hearing their laughter and silliness
*our Baby J bringing joy to all; acquiring the title "SBJ" for "Sweet Baby J" from his uncle
*hashing out the latest and greatest re: my children and their development with people who love them as much as I do and encourage me on this road of parenting!
*dinner out by the harbor; S'mores around the fire pit
*talking music greats with my sister and dad in the kitchen; we all have a passion for good 80's and workout music; welcoming my parents into the world of the iPod!
*being around people who love fitness, burgers, french fries, chocolate cake, coffee/hot cocoa, light beer, and Riesling as much as I do!! :) (note the large blue bottle of wine on our dinner table!)
*meeting a mother on the beach with three grown boys; she loved watching my kiddos and offered such hope for our future. You could tell she loved her kids so much--she was so inspiring!
*our rental van--it was a white Dodge Caravan ("Great White") with all the bells and whistles, including satellite radio and a turn signal that when tapped, turned off by itself after a set # of clicks. I truly took lots of joy in the little things of this car. It was the secret to my 13-hour solo driving success!! ;)
*coming back to Virginia to my wonderful GG...

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers