Friday, April 17, 2009

Feeling Springy

Blessed morning to you, dear friends!
Here are a few of the Friday springtime views from Gasperini-Ville's breakfast nook, overlooking the "gardens" (lol)...
These beautiful flowers stem from an absolute joy of mine--the fledgling dogwood!! It has returned this year (after its predecessor did not fair so well last spring) and rewarded my additional love and care by flowering all over and promising great hope for the future. Last summer it limped along, but I was not going to let this baby pass!! Ahh... so good to see it return in such glory!

New shoots like these are poking through the earth almost daily. These belong to one of our hastas, which M used as a golf tee in their earlier stages just a week ago. I, of course, re-directed his efforts upon finding a few of the buds chipped off. All seem to be doing well despite!

This ground creeper was one of the first plants to bloom in the yard. It is a beautiful purple and reminds me of the sweet little girl for whom the color was chosen. The former owner took such care in choosing the plants to highlight many of her children's favorites... So sweet. Such thoughts remind me to be more thoughtful toward my children every day.

And speaking of such children, here are two of my three favorites, hanging out around the breakfast table. What sweet, little dears! They watched their crazy mommy romp around the yard taking photos, only to shower me with smiles and a loud "surprise" when I returned.
I hope your Friday is a beautiful one as well, inside and out.
God bless, :)

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers