Tuesday, April 14, 2009

At Breakfast This Morning

A fly zooms around the breakfast table, terrorizing my children. Supermom kills it using the kids' Highlights magazine, smacking it against the window.

M: Mommy! Why did you hurt the fly? You hurt one of God's creatures!
B-mama: When one of God's creatures threatens my babies, Mommy has to protect you.
M: Mommy, God is very sad you hurt the fly. You need to pray right now for him to love you.
We proceed to pray; Mommy asks forgiveness... :)

M: Mommy, you can't hurt that fly. He needed to fly to find his mommy.
T: I like to sleep with bugs.
M: I like to sleep with worms. Real ones.

L.O.L.
Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

Shannon said...

honestly, this is adorable! your boys will love to read this someday!
You are teaching them well, B!

Jaime said...

oh my goodness! that made me laugh so hard!

Elso said...

Hilarious!!!! They are so cute. This is such a fun age.

orahoods said...

how precious!

sw said...

what a great story--so sweet!

p.s. highlights is still around? wow, i remember reading that when i was a kid... :-)

B-Mama said...

sw, High Five Highlights for the young ones is just as good as when we read the original as a youth. It's even complete with a jr. version of hidden pictures. The kids and I so enjoy reading it...

Kelley Brown said...

This is hilarious! I can't wait until I can have conversations like these! :) Thanks for the laugh! Hope you are doing well! I have A LOT of catching up to do on your blog so you may find lots of random comments from me. :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers