Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering

Two weeks into my first job out of college, disaster struck. I was working at a private school an hour outside of NYC...

*I remember watching the first, then the second tower fall as we gathered around a TV in our school's workout gym.

*I remember seeing students frantically on the phones, crying and trying to reach their parents, many of whom worked in the city.

*I remember watching a science colleague anguish over not hearing from his wife, who worked in the World Trade Center Financial building (within the plaza).

*I remember hearing of dear Isabel, who had received her husband's last words from the top of Tower 2 via phone messages from the secretary.

*I remember attending her husband's memorial service a week later and being struck by the strength of his parents. His body was recovered the following week.

*I remember sitting in my apartment weeping.

I remember.
We all will never forget.
God bless you on this solemn day of remembrance.

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers