Saturday, September 29, 2007

Be At Peace, Dear Jude

We laid Jude to eternal rest last evening... in the *most perfect* spot a mother could imagine for her littlest one, I must say! If you're ever out here visiting, we'll show you. It was just perfect.

The bishop(!) (thanks to our dear law school father) sent us a beautiful "Order for the Blessing of Parents After Miscarriage", which provided wonderful responses, scripture, and prayers for GG and I to follow. It was, as I said, just perfect. Here is an excerpt from the Bible that was particularly lifegiving to me:

"But I will call this to mind, as my reason to have hope: The favors of the Lord are not exhausted, his mercies are not spent; They are renewed each morning, so great is his faithfulness. My portion is the Lord, says my soul; therefore will I hope in him. Good is the Lord to one who waits for him, to the soul that seeks him; It is good to hope in silence for the saving help of the Lord." Lamentations 3:20-26

And with that, here are glimpses of GG and I and the beautiful box housing our Jude. We buried him in the cloth inside and kept the box as a sweet reminder of our wee one... Also, there are shots of the gorgeous garden we've received from dear friends and family.

What a week this has been! Thank you so much for your dear prayers. God bless!


2 comments:

OH M said...

God Bless all of you! And thank you to the many friends whose love helped to sustain you!

Kellie said...

So beautiful. I love that little box and the flowers! Your family is very loved.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers