Wednesday, September 19, 2007

The Little Things

Today is a great day to focus on the little joys in life because otherwise... Well, let's just say it's been one of those days. :)

* warm oatmeal with brown sugar
* the morning snooze that saved me after an early morning wake-up.
* the campus gate guards who let us through to visit the duck pond (rather than making us park more than a mile away! God bless them...)
* the relaxing lunch and duck feeding we enjoyed with friends.
* the caffeine-free diet Dr. Pepper my dearest friend pulled from her bag... for me! Oh, the indulgence! (I try to stear clear of Aspartame in pregnancy, though I love it so!) What a treat.
* the message left on our machine by a friend, who's recently moved away. It was a blessing to hear her voice.
* the celebration of my mother's 61 years on earth. (A rather large blessing!)
Happy Birthday, Mom/Gramz!!!

* the revelation of the *wonderful* Catholic women's Bible study we had last night. So rich and so blessed!
* the sweetness of a baby, who doesn't want to nap, but wants desperately to snuggle in my arms.

God, you are so good to me.
Thank you for the little joys today that make it worth living.
And, as always, may God bless you.

1 comment:

Kim F said...

Thanks for this post B...I had a rough day with the girls today and being reminded to focus on all the many good and precious moments we had today instead of the rough ones changed my mood and perspective a bit...I realized it really wasn't that bad of a day!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers