Friday, May 18, 2012

Swimming, not sinking

Boy is life full these days and what a blessing that is...
We are getting along swimmingly over here.  I admit, at times it does feel like the water is beginning to rise and begin to take over.  But then there is a lifeline--like my parents this past week--who swoop in and make everything better.  Overall, I would describe the past two weeks as full of peace and grace, which is such a blessing.  I recognize what a good thing that is amidst potential chaos.

The kids are doing really well and thanks to GG being home and my parents being here, their little love tanks are remaining full even with a new sibling around.  And can I say how much I'm enjoying my little GGG?  After her first few nights at home with neither of us getting much sleep, I figured out that my sweet angel didn't do very well with Mexican food.  Imagine that? :)  One bland day of eating later and voila, happy baby.  Hallelujah! :)

Since then we've been riding high with a 10-year anniversary for GG and I last Friday (complete with dinner out and the baby miraculously taking her first bottle from M and T--woo hoo!!).  I also enjoyed a wonderful Mother's Day last Sunday (how blessed we were to have both of our mothers here!), including the baby's first trip to Mass.  It was so special being there as our new family-of-seven.
I will post baby pics of T soon to show you HOW MUCH little GGG looks like T!

Sweet sisters
Add onto that a rip-roaring 67th birthday celebration for my dad on Tuesday.  The boys dressed up as his present and handed over a print-out of his gift--a golf cart cover for their golf cart down in Florida!  We had a "covered" motif going.  Happy day, Pappy!  He was thrilled at one point to learn he was, in fact, turning 67 rather than 68.  To see his look of realization and subsequent jubilation was priceless!  So glad to have you around for another year, dear Dad. :)



Wednesday we had a kindergarten preview for our T-man.  He is so excited to attend school next year and acted like he ran the place when we were at orientation.  GG and I felt like we were holding him back, for sure.  Should be a great fit for our 2nd little man!
Ignore the pasty white mama legs!  
Thank goodness T is still young enough and we don't embarrass him yet!  lol


The last big event to report was M's Field Day today.  He fought hard and had a great time.  The yellow team was triumphant in tug-of-war and a few relays.  That was many thanks to Coach Pappy, who got very excited and coached the kids from the sidelines.  Anyone who knows me can now say I come by it totally honestly. :)

And lastly, we are just over the moon about this sweet girl...  And what a sweetie girl she is.  She doesn't cry unless her diaper is being changed.  She doesn't even cry when she wakes to eat--just grunts and tries to eat her hands.  So precious.  One noteworthy piece is that she seems to love to sleep on her tummy, so I've been indulging her during naps but only when I am able to have eyes on her the whole time.  Otherwise, we're working it out on her back at night.  She gave me a few 4 and 5-hour stretches at night in the last week, but now we're at the 2-week growth spurt and she's eating more regularly.  This, too, shall pass.  If this is our lowest point, we are going to be just fine.  Thank you for your prayers.

All our love to you and yours for a wonderful weekend!
God bless,

4 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

OMG! Gcubed is precious!! So itty bitty and so alert! MG seems smitten with her sis too. I'm glad to hear the transition to 7 is going well.

Just keep swimming; keep swimming (dori, from finding nemo)!

Morrisons said...

I was wondering what you were going to call her on your blog, since GG is already "taken" by your hubby! :)

What sweet blessings you have. GGG is precious, of course, and the other kids look smitten. I can only hope as much for my CC when the twins arrive!

Shannon said...

ummmm you look amazing!

Carol said...

You guys rock birthday gifts in your house-the creativity in presentation is award-winning (like when the boys did the Spice Girls theme for your birthday).

Happy to hear about the swimming. I highly recommend floating when times get tough :) Floating with wine is even better. Is Baby G the heaviest sleeper in the world with all those kids loving on her 24-7?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers