Friday, November 18, 2011

On Pregnancy, the 5th time around...

Our sweet peanut at 12 weeks--no doppler heartbeat earned me a trip for an u/s. Thankfully the baby was just hiding behind an anterior placenta. Whew!

Initial response to the news: disbelief and fear

How we felt about telling family: fear, like we were 10-years-old all over again

Their response: shock, but wonderfully supportive (if they were lying through their teeth, we don't care! :)

How the kids responded initially: thrilled except for M. I had done too good of a job convincing him earlier in the summer that 4 kids was a really good number for our family. Oy vey!

How I felt during the first trimester: nauseous but not as bad as MG, but for as long as I did with MG.

How we're feeling now: total excitement; God is good.

How the kids are feeling now: continued excitement with M completely on board!

How do I feel now: still some nauseous days (this is the latest its ever gone), but starting to feel more like myself again with ENERGY! woo hoo! I'm on "bump watch" with my little pooch beginning to show. I allow myself to start wearing maternity clothes at 16 weeks and this baby seems to be falling right into the norm.

What gender everyone predicts: mostly GIRL, though M would love a baby boy. The kids were pretty smitten with our friend's boy baby bear when they visited in October, so we'll see! Johnsons, we still talk about you all regularly!

Will we find out the gender? YES! Just before Christmas. We plan to tell the family through a blue/pink Christmas gift under the tree. Can't wait!

What we're doing to prepare: talking through car seat and room arrangement details; Big Blue will fit a 5th child (woo hoo!) and since T will be starting kindergarten in the fall, we'll have both his and M's seats free for most of the day. We are planning to move MG and J into the playroom together--J is excited, MG has no clue. ;) M heard about the room changes and was lobbying for all G children to be in one room together. What a dear. Someday he'll want his own space, but for now, we're all about family togetherness.

Lord, I love the way You hold us. Thank you!
God bless,

6 comments:

Carol said...

What beautiful family gatherings you have to look forward to. When Tom asked me if I heard the news (Elizabeth was the first to call me up), I told him "If anyone can do it, B can". You don't have to do it perfectly, just lovingly.

Donna said...

Wonderful, wonderful! Congratulations to you all... You make such precious babies- I can't wait to see what God, in His infinite wisdom, sends this time around!!! Glad you are feeling better!

Jenny said...

Hi Bethany,
This is Jenny from Moms Club-we met this summer at the Goochland Y. I'm so thrilled for you and this amazing news! Congrats!!!

Jenny

kimmy said...

congratulations, g-family! so happy for you all. (having three myself, i am secretly hoping mg gets a sister; although, as lucy can attest, brothers are the best!).

Queen B said...

Jeepers....we talk about you guys alllll the time too! We are absolutely REJOICING over and over for this little one. Praise our Lord that the ultrasound was reassuring! We can't wait to hear the news after you find out at Christmas time. Love to the Gs!!

Shannon said...

wonderful, wonderful!!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers