Friday, November 11, 2011

Blogger's Block

The boys today at the War Memorial.
Thank you to our many veterans, who have sacrificed everything in service of our nation!

I'll admit, with everything going on around here, I've had a bit of blogger's block lately. The computer has just been the LAST place I want to sit at the end of a long day... We've also had a cold virus run through the family along with an unusual stomach bug (that only caused heartburn, thankfully!)

It's also during this time of year that I have to fight my tendency to slow down and want to hibernate. I've had a harder time motivating to get to the gym, to the store, out and about, etc. just because of the colder weather, darker evenings, and cozy feeling of staying indoors. One good thing to come out of all of this is that GG and I are trying to finish our Christmas shopping by Thanksgiving. We are almost done with the boys--we give three gifts each (like the Magi did for Jesus) so that makes it a pretty easy feat to accomplish. All the guys are getting a large Lego set, Lego Star Wars jammies, and books. Gotta work on the books and we'll be set.

I still haven't decided what we'll get for little MG. We'll probably do a special toy and maybe a clothes item. For some reason she is in desperate need of shirts. GG tried to dress her the other day and came out confused, saying all he could find were pants. lol! :) I'm sure we can come up with something good.

On other fronts, the boys' soccer games went well last Saturday, complete with a slide-tackle or two from T (yikes!) GG reports that the first was a pretty sweet defensive move and the second (and third) might have been yellow-card-worthy. lol. M's recital also went well. He seemed to enjoy himself, lost his place on his first song, and nailed his second piece. We were so proud, of course! Later in the week we enjoyed A+ parent/teacher conferences and a wonderful Veteran's Day 1st grade musical performance today by M. Every parent there was over the moon. It was very special for our own veterans in attendance--Daddy, Mimi, Papa... as we thought about other vets we love, who could not be there--Pappy, Uncle Cris, GGP Mickey.

I'll report in again with pics!!
God bless you tonight,

3 comments:

Queen B said...

Just reading makes me smile. We miss our G-ville friends!

Carolina Girl said...

I totally hear ya! I told B today that I'm pretty sure I actually felt our vitamin D deficiency setting in today. Just kidding, but the days are so short here now. I just want to sleep in every mornIng.

Good idea to get your shopping done early. I love the three gifts idea. And please buy that baby some shirts!! Lol! I'm laughing bc we have the same issue here. The shirts just don't last long with food stains on them.

Morrisons said...

Three gifts each -- that's such a great idea! I will have to use that later, since CC is still too young to understand Christmas gifts.

Hope GG had a good Veteran's Day. MJ and I didn't celebrate the way we used to, pre-CC, but we still recognized it in small ways.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers