Monday, November 21, 2011

As of 16

It is good to get my 16-week appt. checked off the list before our exciting trip to Italy at week's end!! GG and I are celebrating our ten year anniversary (a little early) and jet-setting to see his brother in Vicenza while also taking in Venice, Florence, and Rome for 6 days. Many thanks go to our Papa and Mimi duo for making much of this trip possible, especially for caring for our sweet cherubs while we're gone. Are they unreal or what?!? We are so grateful.

As of today's appt...

Baby's heart rate: 150bpm, strong, lovely, I-could-listen-to-it-all-day soothing
Mama's bp: 112/72 (this is really good for me--thanks to a hard workout this morning!)
Mama's weight gain: 7 lbs. (soon to be +15 lbs. after eating amazing Italian food!)
Doc's recs: compression knee socks for the plane ride to reduce the risk of clots, etc. Got some this afternoon--they are HOT! ;)
Mama's clothes: first maternity pants worn today--luxury!

I feel like I'm running around like a mad women, but as of Wednesday afternoon on the plane, it will all be worth it!

5 comments:

Sylvia said...

Congrats on the new little one and on the anniversary! You and GG are such an inspiration--I can only hope that J and I are so blessed :) Have a wonderful time in Italy! Hugs, sw

laura said...

oh my goodness! i am just seeing this now! what amazing news! congratulations!!!! enjoy your big trip to italy! you and your husband definitely have much to celebrate!

Donna said...

Wow! Congratulations! We went to Rome in March for our 10 year and I was 5 1/2 months pregnant. It was wonderful- no problems at all! Have so much fun and enjoy having your hubby all to yourself!

Carolina Girl said...

Oh my gosh, Italy?? That's wonderful!! Soo glad you're getting away for some you and GG time! Wonderful!! I went to Ireland when I was about 16 wks prego with G. The time change was a big shock to my system and I had to nap everyday. Also, I brought snacks with me everywhere b/c when I gotta eat, I gotta eat. Somehow, I don't think that will be a problem in Italy, though. Lol. I did a lot of ankle pumps, quad sets and glut sets on the plane. I also did a lot of laps down the aisle.

Queen B said...

Have a wonderful time, B! Hallelujah for maternity pants -- love 'em!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers