Thursday, August 13, 2009

NYC

I am still reeling after such a wonderful weekend up in The Big Apple. It was beyond fun and *great* to see all my old college friends. Red and I drove in on Saturday morning and met everyone for mani/pedis at a salon. From there we headed to a bridal shower in the upper west side. It was beautiful and the food was so tasty. The bride's sister happens to be in school to become a pastry chef. Oh, to have one of those in the family!! Delicious!

Later on we went out for cocktails and then to the Spice Market for a 3+ hour dinner. It was a tasting menu, so we got to sample all the fare--amazing!! By that time it was 1am, so we crashed back at the bride's place in Brooklyn and awoke the next morning to Mass at St. Patrick's and a mid-day train back to New Jersey to pick up my car. I took a quick frolic to our old stomping grounds in Princeton and was met with the beautiful, heartwarming sights of ages past. It always re-charms me every time I'm there... Then it was back on the turnpike to head home with a dinner stop in DC to meet up with my dear Notre Dame gals--their company is so encouraging and inspiring. The last two hours of my road trip were TIRING. Thanks to McDonald's for the hot fudge sundae that spruced me up a half-hour from home. Just seeing my sleeping boys and feeling my soft bed was enough to fill my heart to the brim. What a fantastic weekend!

The bride-to-be, Katherine

College Pals

New friends, Brandi Jane and Bethany (great name BTW!) ;)

Her crown says "Bridezilla", but she's nothing of the sort!

Jaim and I after noticing our drinks were rather strong! Cheers!

1 comment:

Carolina Girl said...

I'm going to start calling you "fast and furious"! You're always going and coming...lol! You seem to handle the traveling well too. I'm still recovering from our trip!

Looks like you had a lot of fun with your girlfriends.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers