Tuesday, August 18, 2009

First Family Wedding

Aren't the boy ties too much?
It was down to the wire getting them, but I'm so glad we went the extra mile.
They were all so dapper!

We ventured up to DC Saturday afternoon to attend the wedding of one of GG's law school classmates. What a grand time we had... The kids were invited too, which was such a gift from the bride and groom. It is not often that we descend upon a social situation and feel totally and completely loved and welcomed. That's just life with three young ones.

Leave it to an openhearted, life-giving Catholic couple to provide us reason to celebrate in such a wonderful way. It was truly awesome. GG and I agreed we wouldn't have had nearly as much fun without the kids. They sat through Mass, ate well, toasted the bride and groom, danced and boogied with the rest of us, melted our hearts with their endearing hugs with some *adorable* little girl pals from ND (yes, the betrothals have already been made and signed in blood by the fathers :). To be in this community again was so rich and reminded me to ALWAYS delight in children. It is our call to embrace life at all stages! I just can't say enough about how much this evening made me reflect on such beauty... How much we miss our community at Notre Dame. To all our peeps out there--we love you and your children so much!!

The kids talk over Contracts, Criminal Law, and Constitutional Law pursuits in the last year.

Then they stop to ponder the meaning of life and the law.
(It looks rather calm, but was much more energetic than this!)

The boys and bride, Jane. M was especially enamored of her the whole evening!

T and Molly Grace, cutting a rug.
Maddy finally got M out on the dance floor--she would only dance with him and vice versa.
If only my camera battery hadn't died I'd have oodles more "mother shots" to share... :)

4 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

What a great weekend! The boys look like they had a blast!! Isn't it so cute to see little ones dance? I just love it!

Erin said...

GREAT PICS, B! Jane looks so beautiful, and what fun for the boys to meet up with Maddy and M.G. You must have been loving it! Happy recent birthdays to you, too, I remember well when T. was born when we were all still at N.D. My how time flies :)

Right Said Red said...

The boys looks great. Where is J's tie? haha.

Shannon said...

B-
I LOVE the pics!
I can't tell you how much I wanted to stop at your house. It was a little tricky since I wasn't the one driving. I have a "plan" in my head though to get down to your area soon to meet you! Hope you're well and staying dry!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers