Friday, August 7, 2009

Being One is GREAT!

Hooray!



Cheers to our one-year-old, who adoringly left mom a trail of poop in the playroom yesterday after these pictures were taken. Oh heavens!! Word to the wise: always diaper a naked baby, always. Even after a bath. I resisted the urge to take pictures of the aftermath. :) You can thank me later. lol.

Gasperini-Ville guys' weekend starts tonight as I take off for another weekend away (this one without any kiddos) up to NYC for a good friend's bridal shower and bachelorette party. Should be fabulous! I can't wait. Meanwhile, the garage fridge is packed with the "beer" (read: Capris Suns in three flavors, Coke Zeros, Caffeine Free Diet Cokes, and a few Amstels ;) The pantry is stocked with all things snacky and "help Daddy cook". Isn't my guy wonderful to give me another weekend off?? I am so lucky. I hope they have a great time as I know I will.

Say some prayers for all my boys. I'm going to miss them something fierce, especially that little guy. As if he knows what is coming, he has been particularly snugly today. It is our first day without nursing... I am trying to stay upbeat and not show my sadness!! He is a little lover!

Blessings for a wonderful weekend,

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Have a GREAT trip!!! Is this the first time you've traveled ALONE since M was born??

Elso said...

Happy Birthday Baby J! He's getting so big!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers