Monday, August 31, 2009

From Virginia...

It is a cool 65 degrees out right now and I just came back from a morning run.
Ahh... Autumn is coming and it is good.

We have been busy bees over here in Gasperini-Ville, traveling to and fro for everything from baptisms to birthday parties. The best part about it all is that we've been full force as a family!

There was truly nothing like the five of us sitting in this gorgeous cathedral on Saturday witnessing the sacrament of baptism. Afterward, GG took the boys around to the stations of the cross and they seemed eager to soak up stories of Christ. Meanwhile, J and I talked with friends and drank in the beauty of our surroundings. We really could have stayed there all day. I'm almost tempted to head back with some swatches of fabric to try to recreate the cathedral tones in our master bedroom! lol. It really is the color scheme I'm going for. Can you imagine waking in the morning to such beauty? I can see myself rising first thing and singing glorious hymns--definitely a way to drive all the boys away! lol.

In the afternoon we drove to DC (it really is such a temptation having this amazing city so close!) to celebrate the 30th birthday of our dear friend, Jaime. We couldn't resist being there to ring in this milestone celebration for someone as sweet and generous as Jaim. She was one GG's first friends at Princeton and later became one of my closest friends and roommates. We love her so! We hesitated bringing the kids, but they ended up having a blast and bringing some additional life to the party. I am always proud to have them by my side. GG and I are so blessed by them.

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Your boys just get cuter and cuter!

Thanks for your advice... what I'd give to share a glass of riesling with you :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers