Thursday, February 7, 2008

Mama Times

I admit to being at my wit's end recently... with a certain toddler, who is repeatedly making his mark on Gasperini-Ville. Boy do I love my T-baby, but *boy* has he pushed my buttons over the past few days!!!

"And what could such a sweet cherub have done to get his mama's goat so badly?" You ask.

*Was it the shaken waterbottle of orange gatorade, splashed all over the living room carpet... twice?
*Was it the umpteenth bowl of food dumped off the highchair and onto the floor?
*Was it the flooded bathroom that resulted from secret, behind-mommy's-back cupfuls of water dashed overboard while in the tub?
*Was it the naked pee-pee job done on mommy's newly-laundered duvet cover?
Yes. Yes. Yes. And that would be a YES!

Yet when I found myself ready to blow my top yesterday after one of T's antics, I was instead completely humbled. There he sat, sweet and smiling, with the ashen cross on his forehead from Ash Wednesday Mass. Here was my precious T-baby, in all his toddler glory, with an outward sign of being absolutely adored by his Heavenly Father. T was loved, coddled, and even forgiven in the worst of his moments, just like the rest of us.

Rather than yell, I brought him to me, talked to him, and loved him, just like our Lord does with us every day.
Good times for a little mama Lenten reflection. Gotta love that humility--thank you, Lord!

Hope your season of Lent has gotten off to a blessed start...
God bless you!

1 comment:

Carolina Girl said...

I'm impressed B! I would have seen that going a totally different direction in our house. I hope I can do the same one day.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers