Friday, February 1, 2008

Amidst a Snowglobe

I have to admit, sitting here in our living room and peering out the window at the snowy wonder around us is pretty therapeutic on this Friday morning...

The whole family has been cozied up together since awaking this morning to a real-life snowglobe. While forecasts predicted even more of the white stuff than has actually fallen (when are the predictions really correct? when??) we are still 6+ inches under and enjoying it.

The coffee is brewing, my feet are curled up in the bottom of my pant legs (too lazy to find socks), and the living room is strewn with all the toy fascinations of the morning hours. We are bundled with a few more layers (except for the feet--why are my feet always bereft?) And to top it off, GG has lingered with us rather than rush off to his law school duties.

Ahh... I could take more mornings like these.

I meant to write and report yesterday of my second and *wonderful* visit with the midwife. GG, T-baby, and I were able to immediately hear the heartbeat of our little one with the aid of the Doppler. This was such a relief and an answer to prayer. In the past, it's been difficult to track the 13-week heartrates of our little ones. Not this time! She placed the doppler wand on my belly and voila!, a heartbeat in the mid to high 160's!!

Our midwife's prediction--a girl. She has an unscientific theory that little girls are more obedient on these 13-week dopplers. She usually has to go searching for little boys. lol. :) Seems to fit the bill for us so far! The higher heartbeat is also a potential indicator for little girl status... How exciting!! While a healthy baby is our utmost hope, pink booties would be welcomed in Gasperini-Ville.

As always, my coffee is beckoning and the slow-moving morning is calling me into action.
Blessings to you on this Friday from our little snowglobe to your neck of the woods.
Wherever you are, whatever you're up to, I hope you're well. God bless.

6 comments:

Kat said...

I love it, B! We're buried in the same snowstorm as you, and I decided to keep C home from school today and just enjoy the time with the kiddos. Ed spent time here this morning and just headed out a little while ago, but I think I can handle a relaxing day with C and M :) Wish we were just a bit closer so that we could be cozy inside TOGETHER with the kids!

B-Mama said...

Oh, wouldn't that be the best? We MUST get together soon regardless!!

scath88 said...

sounds wonderful, warm, and home-y! no such luck here unfortunately--just freezing rain and wind, and i had to venture out into the storm.

on another note, so glad to hear about your baby news. i'm looking forward to further updates =)

p.s. how funny--for some reason, i too am always w/o socks!

Jessica said...

So glad to hear of the good medical appointment!!

Carolina Girl said...

Great news on the newest Baby G! For what it's worth, I'm thinking pink booties for you too! What a nice snuggly morning you have described. You're really great a painting a picture with your words.

Cris said...

I got to admit - I'm kind of rooting for a girl. Though that's off the strictly off the record.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers