Monday, February 18, 2008

Retail Therapy

While I know its not the most responsible... frugal... or possibly ethical thing to do...
A mama's gotta have some new duds!! :) Especially when her belly is beginning to blossom.
Retail therapy, here I come.

And what better a day to shop than on President's Day, to celebrate the manly men of the world, who provided so that women like me could head to the mall! lol. :)

The boys and I actually had a great morning, T-baby strapped to the umbrella stroller and M, trotting alongside while his mama shopped. We headed to Sears, where I found great sales and picked up two maternity items--a baby blue eyelet shirt for $6.99 and a cute denim sundress for $23. Not too shabby! I then fulfilled my promise to the two of them, heading straight for the kids' play area and allowing them ample time to run, crawl, slide, and climb. Afterward, we headed to the maternity shop, where I purchased the beloved "belly band" for keeping non-maternity pants "afloat" and helping to lower waistlines of too-short shirts. It is the perfect item for an in-between prego mama!

Our adventures carried us to Panera and we dined on bagels and soup while enjoying one another's company. Bravo to a wonderful morning out! We came home refreshed and renewed... yet awfully tired! The boys sleep as I type and I'm ready to zonk myself.

Of course not before my personal fashion show. Are you kidding me?!
Retail therapy, gotta love it.
God bless you on this President's Day!

2 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

I love the belly band and still use it as my pants don't want to stay up anymore. B-man thinks they could market it to everyone, not just pregos. I mean, who hasn't been out to eat afterwards and wanted or needed to unbutton their pants for a little relief...enter the belly band! :)

Rachel said...

I'm so glad to hear you had such a great morning with your boys and that your newest little peanut is growing so good s/he is forcing you into maternity clothes. What great deals you found! Before long you will have THREE little ones to love on -- you lucky lucky mamma!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers