Tuesday, February 5, 2008

A Day to Party!

While the world might think they're celebrating Fat Tuesday today...
They're really rejoicing in our little M's third birthday!!!!!!

Happy Birthday M! We love you so much!!

Three years ago yesterday, I was teaching away happily, presuming to have another month to go before delivering our first child. I started feeling "funny", sick to my stomach with a headache. After having my blood pressure taken by a colleague (who also happened to be an EMT; what perfect coincidence!), we thought it best to have me go and check in with the doctor.

I met GG at the hospital, where they began monitoring my bp. We planned to head home afterward and go out to dinner with friends later on... OR NOT! My blood pressure continued to skyrocket, yet with no signs of pre-ecclampsia. It had yet to evolve! By the time my bp reached 180's/106, we knew we were done for. "You're not leaving this hospital without a baby..." was what the nurse told us. Oh my goodness! We weren't leaving the hospital without a baby!!! GG and I couldn't believe it. We were going to get to meet our little man a month early!

12 hours of induction later, I was in the throes of labor with pitocin on the way. At 2:38pm on Saturday, February 5th, our little guy arrived in full glory, weighing a nice 5lbs. 5oz. and measuring 18.5inches. He was a little peanut, indeed, and one we adored immediately... How blessed our lives have been because of him.

We had the chance to celebrate his birthday with some friends on Saturday. It was a fun, low-key kind of party (totally my style!), and M had a great time with his best buds. The kids romped around at an indoor playground, while the parents sat and drank coffee--perfect! I added some shots below to capture the event for the memory books...

Today we celebrated with doughnuts and balloons for breakfast. M brought brownies to his preschool class to share with his friends. A day to party, indeed.
Thanks for rejoicing with us! God bless!!

9 comments:

va mama said...

Happy, happy birthday, Big Boy!!! Hugs and kisses from Mimi and Papa (and lots of love)!

Jessica said...

Happy Birthday, precious M!

OH M said...

We love you much M, little big 3 year old! Gramz and Pappy can't wait to celebrate with you!!

Carolina Girl said...

I got teary eyed reading about M's
BIRTHday. I remember it well. I can't believe he's 3 and that it was 3 years ago we were all together in Colorado. Happy Birthday to you, M!

Krissy said...

Happy Birthday to M! Today is also my mother-in-law's birthday so now I will never forget M's bday. It seems like ages ago we were at Fort Carson yet time has flown by at the same time. My little guy will be two this month already.

Shannon said...

oh!! happy birthday to your little (big) guy!
prayers for a wonderful year for him!

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Matthew is three (and he and Spencer have never met)! Hopefully some day soon. We hope he had a great day!
Love,
The Thornburgs

scath88 said...

happy birthday to M! here's to another wonderful year!

Kat said...

Happy happy birthday Matthew! 3 is a great age, we're sure that you'll have a great year!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers