Monday, October 11, 2010

Over the river and through the woods

To grandmother's house we went...
To introduce our little lady to her great grandma and grandpa! What a special day!!
We followed the visit with fun times at my first cousin's wedding in PA/NJ. Can you guess who spent most of the night on the dance floor? While I missed my most favorite dancing partner, GG (who was back at the hotel taking care of the baby--what an absolute gem!), I so enjoyed seeing my extended family and dancing the night away! Good for the soul.

Meanwhile, the boys had an awesome weekend with Mimi and Papa back here in Virginia. T scored 2(!!!) goals in his game on Saturday. We were so proud to hear this news and so sad we missed seeing it in person! So proud of that little guy! :) M had a great game too (6? goals), so I'm pretty sure the boys walked away feeling really great about the day. Thank you to our wonderful Mim/Pop duo, who take such amazing care of our gents while we're away...

And wouldn't you know it, with all this fun happening, my camera battery went after a few pics! :( I'm at the mercy of my mom and Mimi for shots of the weekend. I'll update with more pics soon!

Today we're getting back into the swing of things. M is off of school for Columbus Day/teachers' inservice, so we're laying low and getting organized. Thank goodness for a free day!!! I'm so glad to have it.
Blessings,

2 comments:

Right Said Red said...

Bummer that she didn't change her mind and allow the baby to attend at the last minute! I was holding out hope for that to be the case. I'm glad you had fun and that MG was able to meet her great Grandparents! Such a blessing.

Anonymous said...

Aaaahhhhh! I just can't get over that little chunk of pinkness and her beautiful smile. Give her a big squeeze for me. So glad you got to bust a move on the dance floor and have a little fun.

Catherine

Lilypie First Birthday tickers