Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cozy Wake-ups

There are few things in my world that top the coziness of a thunderstorm. At night, in the afternoon, even in the morning like today.

MG awoke first and made sure she'd had her fill before the rest of the gang arose. Add a cute, squishy baby to a thunderstorm setting and I'm pretty much over the top. Our first moments together were blissful.

I dressed her in pink and ruffles and we headed to wake M for school. He, too, was excited by the thunder... and by the little energetic pink bundle wriggling on the floor of his bedroom. Boy, does he love his sister!! He would rather have entertained her all morning than get any of his morning tasks done.

Soon T was awake and in on the action. "We can't go to school today because of the storm!" he reported. I assured him that all would be well.

And it was. By the time Papa pulled up to pick him up for preschool the storm had passed and he declared, "The storm's over. Now I can go to school." Good boy.

We are well this morning.
Cozy in our house, thanks be to God.
Wishing you cozy blessings on this Thursday,

4 comments:

Colleen said...

I just discovered your blog through a comment you wrote about loving to exercise. Me too! And I also have 3 boys and then a girl. I think I may be a little ahead of you with age though, my boys are 7, 6 and 4 and my girl is almost 3 :) Nice meeting you!

laura said...

i, too, had some cozy early morning thunderstorm snuggles down here in nc with ben...and, for once, i didn't mind the 5am wake-up. ;) hope ya'll are doing well!

Carolina Girl said...

So sweet B-mama!
It doesn't get any better than that.

Donna said...

I LOVE cozy thunderstorms- and a warm snuggly baby would make it even better. Precious post.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers