Friday, November 13, 2009

TGIF Movie Night

A few weeks ago we started a new tradition with the boys: Friday Night Family Movie Night. So fun! :) GG signed the boys up to receive their own Netflix movie each week that we'll view as a family on Friday night.

Tonight's showing: The Fox and The Hound.
We snuggled in together on the couch, popcorn in hand. Their reactions were mixed and at one point, M left to watch from another room (this is pretty typical). We ended up stopping it before the final hunting scene--"Mommy, can we please turn it off?" Of course I wouldn't force my boys to watch something they were nervous about! When I asked them if they liked it, I heard two prompt "No's" to seal the deal.

So far we're 0 for 2--no classic Winnie the Pooh or Fox and the Hound. Bummer!!

Two weeks ago GG and I choked through a Thomas the Train movie. I really don't think we can survive another, but that may be our last resort. Heaven forbid we have to sit through Caillou!!

Blessings,

5 comments:

The Ballee Girls said...

For what it's worth, I just got a DVD with 4 different short disney classics on it and Teeny loves it. (And the short films may be better for short attention spans!) It's Xmas Carol, Small One (a beautiful story), and I think two more. Really great. "Mickey's Christmas Carol" is the title on the jacket. Got it at Target for I think less than 20 bucks, WELL worth it, and a nice, timely way to get into the holiday spirit!

Rachel said...

I'm sure you already have it since your boys are so into trains, but would they like Polar Express? It's one of our faves here. And Happy Feet is another one that's just adorable. And we also watch a lot of Stuart Little. Just some suggestions ...

B-Mama said...

Thanks for the suggestions girls! We'll have to check them out--sadly, Polar Express is off the list due to the creepy guy that the boy meets at the top of the train. Matthew was so spooked he wouldn't watch any of the rest of it. :( They are just really sensitive!

Trinity said...

I watch Caillou daily. Sophie now likes to act out the scenes when we play together. It is ridiculous how well she knows the episodes-she loves that little boy!

Carolina Girl said...

I love the idea of family movie night. I can see it as the start of another great G-ville tradition.

I wish I had some suggestions for movies though. We're still into baby einstein around here.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers