Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Swine Fest

Well, it's official. At least one Gasperini has H1N1.
And that would be ME.

It appears I have contracted a very, very, very mild case from the boys and their vaccinations. Of course. Why wasn't someone warning me of the nasal vaccinations when we got them??? I am really frustrated.

I will venture to say Baby J DID have the flu last week when tested and happened to be one of the 20% testing negative while still sick with swine. (Jules, you were right!) We've all had the same symptoms, so I think its safe to say we all ended up with it. Bummer!!!

The good news is my fever never went higher than 99.8 and I'm already 4 days in with 3 days of contagiousness left to go. Bright side, right?! :) Praise God this is a mild case. Praise God!

5 comments:

Hilary said...

That's a bummer..hope you get to feeling better soon Momma and your crew too!! Have a better week :)

Jess said...

Oh, B, that stinks. I hope you feel better soon. I'm curious, how do you think it passes to someone else when kids are vaccinated? I'm still wary of the nasal spray in general, so just trying to find out as much as I can.

Juls said...

hey B,
so sorry to hear you all got sick :( i said nothing worse than having sick little ones...but being a sick mommy with sick kiddos is worse :(

You know making the decision to vaccinate or not will always be a difficult one. But i agree stay away from those Live virus vaccines!! especially when you got little ones in the house. We live and learn :)

i will continue to pray for you guys, thank God it seems you are all on the mend.

J

Carolina Girl said...

Oh B!! So sorry to hear that you were sick too! But, glad to hear you're on the mend. I guess another good side would be that now you and Baby J are immunized also?? Isn't that how it works as long as the virus doesn't mutate?

Donna said...

I'm so so sorry about your sickness- after having mono earlier this year too! Goodness! Love the bounce house- what a good idea and happy memory for them. Hope you are feeling better. And thanks for praying for Noah- it means so much.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers