Sunday, April 22, 2007

Slightly Ancient

GG, M, T, and I attended a thank-you picnic this evening, honoring members of the law community who served in class leadership positions. It was a smattering of the law populace and we were the only ones there with children. Needless to say, we hung out in the backyard on the swingset while everyone gathered on the deck.

As if we needed more of a reason to feel out-of-place, the conversation (on the deck) quickly turned to popular bars, being wasted in front of potential employers, the latest "Mystic Tan" parlors, etc. Meanwhile, M fell off the swing and cried rather loudly, T squinted and swung contendly, and G and I shoveled our faces with food during spare kid-less moments. What a funny contrast.

Though there are times when I surely wish to be back in the deck crowd, I couldn't help but feeling absolutely contented with my "ancient" status as we walked to our car later in the evening. Praise God for my loving husband and cherub-cheeked boys. Praise God for free dinners, even if they are slightly awkward. Can't beat free food.

No comments:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers