Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Distance Classic

So yes, I did it. The Columbus Distance Classic Half-marathon Saturday was great fun. I partnered up with an old high school superstar teammate and managed to log a faster time than at the Holy Half three weeks ago (1:42.15 and 7:48min/mile)! And my quads are feeling really good. How about that--a faster time with less pain. Better shape? Possibly. A great running partner? Definitely.

"B" and I were part of a "fearsome threesome" back in the day, always placing one right behind the other for our high school team's top 3. One year at the the Div. 1 state champs, we were 13th, 14th, and 15th, making every coach shake in their boots praying we wouldn't have a 4th and 5th runner in sight. We also stood side by side on the medal stand my sophomore year when our team did take home the state championship. Oh, the glory days. We all have them...

Saturday, though, we were merely two postpartum mothers out to prove we hadn't lost step with our "youth" (we still admit to being fairly young!) "B" actually finished over a minute ahead of me--super kudos to her! Thanks, girl, for lugging me through the first 8 miles. Here's a shot of us with our munchkins at a post-race meal. Race pics still to come... Stay blessed!

2 comments:

Ryan and Amy said...

"B" You are one crazy Momma!!! And by crazy, I mean AWESOME!!! So when are you hitting the full marathon? Oh, Oh,Oh, how about the Ironman triathlon... its only a few months away? :)

You're my hero,

Amy

Kellie said...

Congrats to you on a great race. I'm so impressed with that mile time. Maybe one of these days I can join you for a run...it might not be until my baby days are over :-)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers