Wednesday, April 18, 2007

A Mother's Creed

I will worry less about my children and trust God more.
I will commit them into the Lord's care.
I will love my children unconditionally and let them know I do.
I will believe in them constantly and encourage them often.
I will pray for them daily.
I will teach them responsibility for their own actions.
I will try to be an example of godliness but will be unafraid to let them see my faults.
I will give them generous doses of laughter, interspersed with fun.
I will release them when they are grown but they will always be my own.

-author unknown (I found this beautiful piece on a church bulletin a few years back)

Thinking today of all the mothers (and fathers) who lost sons and daughters in the VaTech shootings. I pray for their delicate hearts... They were beginning to "release" their precious children and send them into the world, only to face such a nightmare. May God wrap His mighty arms around them.

I don't know if I will ever be ready to let go.

1 comment:

Kellie said...

Love the creed. It is so hard to let go...and this tragedy is just aweful. I can't stop thinking about all the mothers and fathers who lost their precious children. May God have mercy on us all.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers