Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Busy and Rainy

Leave it to the non-stop rain today to make a busy week feel unproductive! We are emerging this evening as the rain pitter-patters outside...

MG had her 18-mos check-up today and I'm happy to report that she is very well. We are glad and grateful. She has a large noggin' 75%, medium weight 50%, and small height 10%. The doc said we'll keep an eye on her height as we don't want her falling too much more. I'm convinced height measurements at this age are *highly* inaccurate. She may have been a lot shorter at her previous appts. and was measured incorrectly. I'm always skeptical of the "lay the baby on the table and we'll make a mark on the paper". Nonetheless, I think it's safe to say she won't be like my cousin, Lindsey, who is 6' 3''! No basketball center position in her future... that's coming from her mom, who played 2 years in middle school at guard. That's just fine.

GG and I are feverishly working away at our Engaged Encounter talks. We are presenting at a weekend in VA Beach at the end of January and have committed to being done with all the newly-revised talks. Nothing like a deadline to motivate us! ;)

Christmas is still in take-down mode over here. Most of the decorations have moved from their positions around the house to our upstairs hallway. I hosted my book club on Monday night, which was great impetus to get our tree down and out of the living room corner. It also happened to be my birthday--33 years blessed--so it was a perfect excuse to host friends for a wonderful birthday evening. Wine, chocolate-covered strawberries, ice cream pie--check, check, check!

Now to tackle our Princeton Alumni interviews (GG has 5 and I have 4) and subsequent write-ups. I will be planting myself at Pan.era this weekend and hoping to knock off all 4. We'll see... Interview season is never a fun one in G-Ville. We are under the gun until all of our reports have been filed. Last year one of my students got in and it was so exciting! The stats. of acceptances, though, are truly depressing. This is around the time GG and I start singing the praises of state schools for our kids' futures.

Finally, I've taken on a Chemistry tutoring student--SO fun! She is a smart Honors Chem. gal and we're having a great time getting into stoichiometry. I really love Chemistry at this level, so I'm a juiced-up mama whenever she leaves... Big dork, but who doesn't love to challenge their noodle?!

That's life in G-Ville!
Sending our love to you on this dreary night,

4 comments:

Krissy said...

Ha- I have a big noggin girl too! Our 18 mo was today with 86% head, 38% weight, 24% height. I'm shocked she is taller than MG though its hard to tell just from pics. Our kids have nothin but short in the gene pool so I consider her pretty tall. By the way, so fun that MG will have a sister. I'm a bit of a hypocrite-I never want to know what we are having but love hearing what everyone else is having ;-)
And you're not a dork- chemistry is cool:) I had an AP chem student when we were in CA, unfortunately I'm not sure I would remember that level at this point.

Carolina Girl said...

Hmm, how do you make someone taller?

Chemsistry stinks! Lol!

Wow, I didn't know y'all did entry interviews. Very cool.

FL M said...

I consider it very cool that you love Chemistry when I was relieved I never had to take it! lol (Certainly not an apple that falls close to my tree!!)

So glad that I can again summons this site to catch up on the latest. Computer glitches are just not fun. Sure wish you could add Computer tutoring to your resume!!

B-Mama said...

Mom, if you only lived closer I could tinker a little... And probably mess things up more! lol.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers