Thursday, August 18, 2011

Prayers, please!

When you roll over to hit that snooze button tomorrow morning, would you mind offering up a little prayer for our T? He is undergoing his tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy at 7:45am.

He has been eerily quiet regarding surgery talk, except for telling me tonight before bed, "Tomorrow I'm going to have 65 popsicles!" Awesome, buddy. You go. You have as many popsicles 'til your heart's content. What great optimism--he's a champ!

Naturally, my mama brain is meandering toward everything leading UP to the 65 popsicles tomorrow. Deep breaths. Everything will be fine. Small potatoes here. Small potatoes. I guess because I'm a mama, I'm always going to worry. Even over small potatoes. It's my job.

Snuggling with the little big man tonight in bed, though, I listened as his deep breaths of early sleep gave way to deeper, rattling snores. THIS is why we're going tomorrow morning. These things are why he struggles to breathe and talk. And despite my worry, my mama bear instinct bristles as I say, "Be gone!" Hallelujah!

8:30am, you could not come fast enough!

Jesus, be with him.
Thanks,

3 comments:

Carolina Girl said...

Prayers for a successful surgery and a speedy recovery.

Prayer for peace for Mama Bear.

va mama said...

M, J, MG, Mimi & Papa have been thinking of T this morning from the moment we hit the snooze button. We all said a special prayer for T before breakfast. All will be well.

Enjoy that first of many popsicles, T-Bone.

FL G and P said...

Prayers in abundance for a smooth recovery with lots of goodies to speed the healing! Even, 65 popsicles!! We love you, Mr. T!!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers