Friday, August 26, 2011

He (WE) Made It!

Happy TGIF! I'm blogging here next to GG, who is also on his computer. We're having an internet date--cute! Just kidding. If this were a date, we'd be pretty pathetic... Just grabbing a few moments and wanting to update you all.

Today is our one-week mark post T's tonsil surgery and I'll say he is back up to normal speed without question. This was our first day with zero drugs--in the last few, we'd start with Ibuprofen in the morning and then discontinue doses as the day went on. To be honest, the recovery has been pretty amazing. T has been a total champ. The only time he EVER cried about his throat hurting was during our lunch yesterday (post-op day 7) at McDonald's. He was eating crispy chicken nuggets and the drugs were pretty worn off. Thankfully, a quick sip of ice water and his tears stopped.

His only other tears occurred Day 5 when he woke up not quite back to normal and cried because he was tired of being "sick". I chalked it up to cabin fever depression and made him some pancakes and voila! he was better.

Praise God the recovery has gone so well because... During this week the dishwasher sprung a leak through a hole in the tub. Bye, bye dishwasher. Hello B-mama, the dishwasher. I am not lying in saying Wed. I spent over 2 hours cleaning dishes at the sink. The LAST thing I wanted to be doing this week!! The silver lining--our wonderful neighbor, the husband of this friend of mine, is a real jack-of-all-trades and helped us remove our old dishwasher, purchase a new one at a great price (it arrived today,saving my religion), and will help us install it. Thank you, Tom!!

Along with the dishwasher, the dog got a timely ear infection and now gets meds 2x/day. Also, J was diagnosed with two different bacterial infections in his "nether" regions and he now gets meds and ointment 2x/day. Lovely. What is that about raining and pouring??

Speaking of rain, we're gearing up for Hurricane Irene around here and were also 20 miles from the epicenter of the 5.8 magnitude quake on Tuesday! Truly, what a week it has been.

Thankfully, all's well in G-Ville this Friday night. That's after a mini-freak out session I had with GG tonight on the phone. You see, we're hosting a church BBQ at our house tomorrow evening. In the rain. During a hurricane. When all the stores are sold out of food. We had yet to shop. I had a dishwasher sitting in the middle of my kitchen and a mountain of dishes in the sink. I had children racing all around me, needing to be wiped, carried, rinsed, given medicine and baths... To top it off, M created a Lego game that required me to sit at the top of his bunk bed and play. He was so excited about it and was so sweet to want me to play. We had started our game earlier, but how was I supposed to pause and play with him while madness ensued around me??? You can see where this all was going.

Thank you, my love, for weathering my own personal "storm". He went shopping at Cost.co for me like a good boy and put my soul at ease. You see, even B-mama loses it (a lot) occasionally. ;)

So that's our week in a nutshell. Hope you all are staying warm and dry out there tonight.
God bless,

3 comments:

FL M and D said...

Sitting here amazed at all the goings-on and wondering how you do it all! You are surviving all these storms in style. We sent Irene on her way earlier today and hope that she will behave as she passes by! God Speed, G-Ville!!

Carolina Girl said...

So glad to hear that T is doing so well. What a trooper he is!

I hope the BBQ went well. I'm sure it did. People are just happy to get together!

I hope the storm wasn't too bad by the time it reached G-ville!

Teacher-Mom said...

So glad to hear that T is doing well and is officially back to bouncing around like a 5 year old boy should be. You are a trooper for weathering the "storm" that seemed to hit the G house! Hope the hurricane didn't hit you guys too hard! Love the past post with MG riding in her car- what a big girl!
Hugs!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers