Friday, August 19, 2011

He's done it!

We're home and T is sleeping... Thanks be to God it all went well and was over in a jiffy!

His arousal from the initial surgery wake-up was sad for me to watch--he was disoriented and bothered by his numb throat. The nurses didn't want him to cough, yet cough he did. I was trying to calm him as best I could... And then found myself feeling light-headed and nauseous. "Do you ever have problems with the parents getting sick?" I asked. Oh Heavens!! I had sit myself down immediately and drink some apple juice. What a willy nilly I am!!

A few minutes later I was fine and T was more peaceful and able to fall asleep...

... as he continues to do on our couch. Day One is underway.
Thanks so much for your thoughts and prayers,

6 comments:

FL G and P said...

It's all over, but the shouting! BUT, Mr. T, you'll have to let the others do the shouting while you rest!! Praise God for a safe surgery! And, for a recovered mommy!

Christy said...

I'm so glad to hear that you are BOTH doing well now. Although I have to admit I had a little chuckle at your expense (all in love, of course!). You shouldn't be seasoned in that area, anyway! You are totally normal, and I am not! ;-)

Let me know if you run out of popsicles - I'll run some right down to you.

I hope the rest of his recovery is quick and uneventful!
~Christy xo

Carol said...

Oh, poor T and poor Mama! What an exhausting few days you have had. Praying for some extra energy in the next few days as you take care of your little patient. It is awful to see our kids in any kind of discomfort, but you guys have pulled through and have a healthier boy as a result heading into fall. Yippee!

Carolina Girl said...

Yay! So glad to hear the surgery went well. I think it's kind of sweet that u were a little queasy when seeing your baby in discomfort. I hope the recovery is speedy too.

Morrisons said...

Thank the Lord everything went well! Hopefully his recovery will go just as well, and you'll be on to much smoother sailing.

Donna said...

Oh I just read all about T's surgery- I'm glad he is recovering okay. Marky had it done when he was 3 and even though I knew it was an "easy" type of surgery when I watched him walk down the hall to surgery holding lovey bear I teared up and was a nervous WRECK. Hope his recovery is fast- I hear that with recovery the younger the better. Tonsil surgery is awful for adults, but kids bounce back pretty well. Especially with 85 popsicles! Little miss is soooo cute with her little curls by the way- and I'm so proud she's walking!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers