Sunday, September 12, 2010

Soccer and Sweeties

The one and only soccer pic (this is what happens when a. your child only plays for a nanosecond of the game and b. you are nursing an infant and managing two other children at the same time!!)
Our soccer season started off with a bang this weekend!!
T began our Saturday run of games with his first soccer practice and scrimmage. Mind you, this guy has been asking for his turn to play soccer for two years now leading up to this!! We were all so excited and then... cold feet! We were late and missed the beginning practice (such a bummer!) and then T shied away from the game. Ho hum. Poor guy. His response? "I didn't score a goal." We tried reminding him that it took his older brother several seasons before he scored... Alas, T was determined to stay on the sidelines. All in due time. We'll give him a chance to warm up next week and then see what happens. GG and I know not to get too worried/excited yet... He'll play when he's ready.

Soon after T's game, M and GG had their season-opener. GG made his debut as "coach extraordinaire", leading M's team to victory. M had a great game and hustled like I've never seem him! He even managed to have a breakaway at one point to put the ball in the net. After that rotation, he came out (*very excited*) and said, "Mom, I'm going to take a quick drink and then go say a prayer that God helps me have strength for the rest of the game." lol. He was clearly fired up!! As the mom, I was just thrilled he wanted God to have any part of it! :) I'm sorry to say I don't have any pictures capturing the event. My camera was just over my shoulder in the stroller and I just never had enough hands to reach for it! Next time, I promise!! :)

But you'd better believe I had hands enough later on to capture this:



Might I boast that she is the sweetest, smiliest little (chunky) thing you could EVER get your hands on! Can you tell we're a bit in love? I'd say so!! Especially when she gives us these grins...
God bless for a great week!

7 comments:

Christy said...

Oh so, so CUTE!!! Love the chunks - I've never had a baby that chunky before!!! Really, just so, so sweet!!! And congrats to M on his goal!!!

Oh, and I have to tell you that I love hearing that you were late to T's practice. It is so nice to know that I'm not alone in that area!!!

See you soon!

Carolina Girl said...

Oh B! She's ADORABLE!!! She looks just like her brothers too, except with dark hair. I love her chunkiness too!

I have to say, her smiles this morning are making me smile this morning! Thanks MG!

Right Said Red said...

Gianna scored her first ever goal in her game on Saturday! Her team also won, a first for Gianna. She was really excited considering her team lost every game last year ;-)

T will warm up, it took M some time as well. Go GG on his coaching debut. Too cute!

Oh, and MG is absolutely adorable! Almost makes me want another one...

FL G and P said...

Can't wait to see those youngsters and chunksters!!

Love you all!!!

Teacher-Mom said...

She's so cute and I have to say that although I can tell all the kids are related, she looks the most different. She has a darker coloring to her than the boys. What a happy little girl!

Lib said...

She. is. beautiful. I just want to smooch her and love on that little baby!! She is perfect. Griffin (at almost 11 weeks) weighed 14 pounds...so he's big and sweet as well. How much does MG weigh now?

jess a. said...

great photos of MG!! ahh adorable. miss you.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers