Monday, September 27, 2010

Monday Gratitude

As I wiped a poopy handprint from the bathroom door this morning, I was inspired to feel gratitude rather than annoyance...

* for the children I have who produce the great messes
* for the fertility I have to produce the children who produce the messes
* for the greater potty independence these children have lately
* for the home I have to be messed up
* for the time I have to clean it
* for our husband/daddy who works hard to provide for us so I can stay home
* for his job and his ability to provide
* for the money I spent to buy Clorox wipes from Cost.co
* for a place like Cost.co to shop
* for America and its overwhelming resources
* for all the blessings that make my day what it is... They are too many to count!

Thank you, Lord!

2 comments:

FL M said...

What a great attitude for a Monday! Thank you B for the pick-me-up!

Carolina Girl said...

A great example in turning annoyance into gratitude.

I've been telling myself a lot lately, "it's not about me" and am finding myself less annoyed with the lack of completion of the selfish things that I want to do and am more grateful that I can serve my family.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers