Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Pucker Up, Baby

My ying and yang babies

Gasperini-Ville got the first of its lemons yesterday afternoon--one of our A/C units went kaput!

Temps in the upstairs began climbing and by bedtime, they were in the upper 80's and GG and I felt it was borderline child abuse to subject our children to such heat. So down they came... all FOUR of them. And so began the family camp-out in our family room! Little MG was moved to the kitchen(!) in the bassinet part of the pack 'n play. M and T were in sleeping bags between the bar stools and couch. I was on a mattress (luxury thanks to my sweet GG) near the older boys. GG was on the couch and J was in the rest of the pack 'n play over by the TV. Cozy! Thankfully the downstairs unit kept running and we were all relatively comfortable.

MG woke us up at 6am and our day has been going full force ever since. The boys and I ventured out for our first Catholic moms' playgroup and then rushed back when we got the call that the A/C guy was there to repair... I had to apologize when we finally arrived back home to meet the guy--"I'm so sorry we're late--I have four kids and we never get anywhere quickly these days".

You can be sure I'll be milking that excuse quite a bit in the near future. A mama never passes up the opportunity to blame her own personal tardiness on her children! lol Just kidding, of course! ;)

Hope you all are making lemonade!
Blessings,

2 comments:

Right Said Red said...

oh no, it's so hot! I hope you got it fixed.

Erin said...

Our AC went out when Sean was 5 weeks old (August in Charleston!) and it was awful! I had cold washcloths on his head all night, and we finally had to go sleep at my boss's house the next night! But, after SEan was up all night with the heat he slept through the night the very next day! Anyway, my sympathies are with you with a newborn and no AC!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers