Monday, January 25, 2010

Monday, Monday

We had a great day today, but not without paying for all our activity.
My prego body has been holding up pretty well so far, but I fear second trimester energy is beginning to wane and my desire to nap mid-afternoon is beginning to win over. Why fight it?!
The couch was looking ever-so-comfortable!

We started off the day with an adventure to the children's museum and a bit of morning fun. Mom got free Starbucks, so who can complain, right? :) My biggest issue with heading there is keeping the kids corralled and not losing anyone! T ran off two different times and I quickly found him. But golly, way to give mom a heart attack!!! We quickly put the kibosh on that one--time outs at the children's museum are NO fun! ;)
Dino brother hatchlings

My little man!

Playing on his own in the water exhibit. SO BIG!

Brother Racers--fast and furious!

Afterward, we headed home for bounce house jumping, lunch, some computer time, J's nap (Mom's nap!), more bounce house, riding bikes (what a beautiful day it was), eating an early dinner, and bedtime!! Tonight while reading stories, M read the top easy line on each page of our train story and I read the more developed lines below. He did GREAT! I was amazed even to see his improvement from beginning to end of story. That kid doesn't miss a beat. He quickly used new words he encountered at the beginning of the story to read more fluidly at the end. Pretty cool... Before I know it, he's going to have his nose in a book. Can't wait!!

So I'm off to... elliptical. I know, I know. It's 8:45pm and I'm going to exercise, but what's a mama to do when she already used her earlier workout time to nap?! Let's get it done!
Prayers,

2 comments:

Right Said Red said...

Oh my gosh, James is getting so big. We need to get together so I can give him a big squeeze!

Carolina Girl said...

Wow, what a day!!!
You rock, by the way!

And I agree with Red...Baby J is getting so big!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers