Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Emerging

Nothing like a stomach virus to make one appreciate health again!

We have awoken a new family. The coffee smells fresher. The children play more joyfully.
Even the laundry pile in the hallway holds a special wonder (is that even possible?)

We are alive and well.
Thank you, Lord!
And thank you for your prayers!!

GG headed back to work this morning, crackers in hand. He got the bug last of the bunch and seemed to deal with the most extreme bout of all. The little boys are taking one more day of preschool hiatus to stay here and play (though Mom is wondering whether I can contain their mounting energy!) M has created a box train, T is amidst crafts, and baby J is toddling around with (unopened) markers and feeling like the king of the world.

I have coffee in hand (pretending to be totally back to normal though its doubtful whether I'll finish half a cup). In a moment, I plan to tickle the ivories with a little "Jingle Bell" boy serenade. I was playing the other day and a dumbstruck T walked around the corner in disbelief that it was his mommy who was playing! Perhaps mom has a few hidden tricks up her sleeve after all?! :) We are so grateful to have live music filling our home. I cannot WAIT to force the boys into lessons in the coming years. haha They'll thank me down the road, for sure! :)

Before I sign off, I wanted to include two pics from our weekend past--GG and I traveled up to Tarrytown, NY for the beautiful wedding of our PU friend, Justin. I think it might have been one of the most breathtaking weddings I've ever been to. It was held in a castle, we ate like kings and queens, and the overall feel of the surroundings was so rich. We were definitely rich in friendship, surrounded by many of our dearest pals from college. What a heartwarming time!

Cheers to a new day! God bless!

5 comments:

FL G and P said...

So glad to hear that you are all on the mend!!

Elso said...

I'm so glad you are all feeling better. There's nothing worse than a stomach virus.

Jaime said...

Glad you are feeling better and so glad you got to see the crew last weekend -- how fun!!!

Right Said Red said...

You all look great!!!!

Teacher-Mom said...

Glad to hear that you all are feeling better. Hopefully G made it through the day of work. Hopefully J didn't make too much trouble with that open marker! :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers