Friday, January 29, 2010

Happy Friday all!

1) Gasperini-Ville is off to a great start this morning. We awoke to freezing temps. so my first order of business was to put the liners back in the kids' coats. Brrr! Later in the day, the weatherman is calling for snow and potentially a lot of it! We could get anywhere from 6-12", though I'm predicting 3" to avoid disappointment. Whatever comes, it will be exciting and the boys are so eager! Stoke the fires, it's going to be cozy in Gasperini-ville!

2) In true Virginia fashion, we've been preparing for the above snow prediction all week. Mimi was kind enough to hunt for new boots for M and also bought us a shovel to clear our driveway. Call me crazy, but we used to have two when living in South Bend, IN and I made the decision to leave them there because "Virginia doesn't get snow!" You could say I'm eating my words. Thanks Mimi!

3) Bigger snow pants for M are also en route from Ama.zon and cost more to get them here than the actual pants! Oh well! I scrounged during our last snowfall and missed the earlier rush. Alas, all the stores are sold out. What's a frugal mother to do? --Pay double later on in a frantic flurry! :) This proves to me that money spent on necessary items is worth paying when you need the stuff!! Lesson learned.

4) Sadly, J has been battling a weirdo virus all week that gave him a rash on his throat, mouth, and bottom (not HFM Disease or Strep, though!). He's had an accompanying fever and runny nose. Poor guy! We've been rather homebound this week as a result though will venture out this morning to buy some last-minute boy mittens. Hopefully the little man is on the mend. I'm ready to have my happy boy back!! Quick Take aside: One new word he's been saying lately is "Foo" for food, which I find so cute. It's the little things.

5) Because of J's virus, he's been rejecting pacifiers all week. I'm wondering if we should go with this and just rid them from the house before he becomes more attached (he's been pretty dependent so far). It might be a whole lot easier to do it now before 18 mos. than go through the h*** we endured weaning our T from binkys after 2. That whole experience was most definitely an attributing factor to my mono last spring! Any thoughts from cyberspace?

6) We also haven't been able to make it to the gym at all this week due to J's illness (which is probably where he picked it up!) Mama's been missing it! I realize what a great motivator it is for me to go somewhere to workout. I am much more consistent when I do it there rather than fitting it in on our elliptical here at home.

J, Custer, and I did go wogging (walking + jogging) yesterday and I will say, it felt FANTASTIC! I had little aches and pains here and there, but for the most part, the endorphin rush was worth it!! I've never run this late into the pregnancy before, but the workout yesterday showed me I might be able to maintain some sort of running form further along into the pregnancy. This only bodes well for my recovery from childbirth and getting back into it later on. One thing's for sure: I LOVE RUNNING. It does me good. Period.

7) We are getting more and more anticipatory for our ultrasound on Thursday!! Last night GG saw the baby kick when we were sitting on the couch. Pretty cool. I'm hoping that means his/her legs are moving well, which bodes well for the spinal cord. We are always nervous about spina bifida because of my aunt who had it. Just one of the many reasons I'm a worrying mama!! Lord Jesus, I give you my fears today and ask for the strength to journey whatever path you have set for us!! Sweet baby, we can't wait to know more about you and call you by name!!!!!

Have an awesome Friday everyone!

2 comments:

Tracy said...

I am guessing you have surpassed your 3" prediction and that your boys are loving it! Hope J is feeling better!

Trinity said...

My vote - Let this be the end of the binky. We also had a horrible time with taking Sophia's away after 2 yrs old. We've vowed that Maggie's will be gone before 18 months. Glad to hear your pregnancy is going well so far- wogging, great cravings, and all!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers