Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Gasperini-Ville Drudge Report

By golly, it's almost mid-week! Where in the world is B-mama and her crew???

We've gotten a slower-than-normal start to our week. Yesterday was a failed venture to the children's museum. I arrived and looked back to find all three cherubs peacefully sleeping. Red, who I was speaking to on the phone, gave some great advice--"Check out Member Mondays next week, turn your car around, and enjoy some Star.bucks and the peace and quiet." Excellent friend, isn't she?

I did just that--one about face, one Frapp.uccino Caramel Light (with whipped cream of course), and a long drive later, we were back home. No sooner had I pulled into the garage, but 2 of the 3 sleeping angels awoke, leaving me no choice but to back the car out again and head to the mall! We returned some baseball mitts and bought a batting tee instead, rode the mall train (super cute to watch J on his first ride!), and played in the children's area. My boys were the most hyper kids there, bouncing off the play structures right and left. I swear I give them energy outlets! Can you imagine having them home... together...? Oh boy, indeed.

To finish the venture, we purchased some football underwear for M. There is nothing cooler than wearing pictures of athletic gear on one's tush! :) T also got two new pairs of cargo shorts with the inside cinching elastic so they won't fall down (which they always do!) The sales going on right now are ridiculously good, especially for summer clothes.

Other tidbits to report:
1) Baby J has taken to the stairs and now can explore all floors of our home! Monday he decided it was time to start climbing and has tentatively proceeded forth since. Guess we'll be needing the downstairs gate sooner than later!!

2) GG is working like a madman and we miss him so! So this is what big firm attorney life is all about? The poor economy has saved us from seeing this side until now!! READ: We are grateful GG has an awesome job, but wish we could have him around a little more! One thing's for sure--absence definitely makes our hearts grow even fonder!

3) We sunk to new Cost.co lows today--heading there solely to eat lunch. Anyone who's ever taken a bite of Cost.co fare knows that you don't head there to dine. We did. Enough said. Mimi commented on this as we left and the two of us had a good chuckle. :) There are some days when I just have to submit to the idea that I'm completely pathetic and today was one of them.

4) We then proceeded to The Sil.ver Diner, another establishment hardly worth patronising, where thanks to Mimi's coupon, we drowned ourselves in sundaes and all for $5. Even Boo Bear (J) got in on some ice cream action. No wonder he refused his green peas tonight at dinner. We've spoiled him rotten! :)

5) We added swing #2 to the swingset today and now both boys have "tummy swings" on which to fly. Who do you think is happier--the formerly-belligerent boys or their relieved mother?


But who could refuse spoiling a guy this cute?

Little, Middle, Biggle

7 comments:

T. Armstrong said...

Oh my goodness...Baby J looking bigger and bigger all the time. Maybe it is his cute haircut?!?!? :) You are such a fun mama...your kiddos are blessed! :)

Right Said Red said...

lol, great update. I can't believe you went to Cosco to eat! You crazy girl!

Krissy said...

I thought of you today as I drove by Light Fighter Dr. Wish I could have stopped to see you there.

Carolina Girl said...

I agree, Baby J is just growing growing growing! No harm, no foul on the costco outing:)

And, even on your bad days, you're far from pathetic Ms B!!

Teacher-Mom said...

The Starbucks story is cute...We are getting ready to enter the Back to School world here and all of the school supplies are out at the store. I am, of course, totally bummed because I will miss my boys. The light at the end of the tunnel is Starbucks- there is one on the way to school and I will have to stop to get myself back into the swing of things.

I can't believe how big J looks standing at the water table. He is still supposed to be a baby. Boy, how the second and third grow up so much faster. Max doesn't even play with baby toys anymore and he's only 16 months! M looks old too, especially with his two younger brothers; quite the older brother, I'm sure! :)

The Ballee Girls said...

AHHHH! I'm so comforted by the idea that I am not the only mom that has driven for an extra hour just because a child was sleeping in the car! I felt a little ridiculous...ridiculous no more!

Jenica Cory said...

I feel your pain as our days seem much longer without Dan around. Thank God for the great jobs and steady income, but I must ask "how many more years of this do we have ahead of us???" :)

Lilypie First Birthday tickers