Thursday, July 9, 2009

30 x 30 Update

My studly GG kicking tail. Go Rebels!
Our 30 x 30 fitness challenge is moving along nicely over here in Gasperini-Ville . So far, so pretty good. I give us a B+ rating on our workouts, effort, and overall commitment this first week. Noteworthy honor goes to GG for a workout last Thursday done at 11:45pm just to get it in!! Love that man! Honorable mention goes to yours truly for clearing 10 "Army" (thanks AWOL for the clarification) push-ups so far; 20 to go (ugh!).

We're hanging our heads a bit these last two days--GG for missing 2 days-in-a-row due to busyness at work; me missing yesterday due to sloth (old habits die hard!) I am planning to substitute the day off for my usual Sunday day off and workout through the rest of the week.

A highlight for me this week was taking in the countryside Saturday morning on a run. Custer and I zoomed through forests, over creeks, and past the most beautiful blue lake set against a picturesque mountain backdrop. It was an awesome setting to take in all while getting a workout. Talk about an endorphin rush afterward!

This morning I grunted through 30 minutes on our elliptical. Let's just say, "Thank the good Lord for my iPod!" I don't know how I could motivate without music. And though the workout was a bit dull and excruciating, I will admit that checking it off my daily list and conquering a little goal first thing in the morning is just the ticket to being more productive throughout the rest of the day.

I hope you have a blessed one!
God bless,

3 comments:

Jaime said...

B'. I just had to tell you that I challenge T' to the same thing when I read you and GG's post, just because I feel so lazy in that department lately. So far there have been some bending of the rules, but its great motivation! Way to be an example.:)

Carolina Girl said...

I know what you mean about music. It really really makes a difference.

What are you listening to these days on the elliptical?

AWOL Mommy said...

Good Job on the Army push-ups!

Gotta be patient on those. I remember doing push-ups day and night in the middle of my common room in an eight-woman suite in Wilson College as a freshman in order to get off my knees and max my APFT. Can you imagine what those other seven girls thought?! You only have your five men to cheer you on. You can do it, B.

Also, I love these G-archive photos. I am impressed that GG was a track man, I never knew.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers