Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Virginia Winter

"Mommy, Daddy, 
come see out the window.  
There's something 
magical outside." -M

That "something" yesterday morning was, indeed, pretty magical for central Virginia.  It was a thin layer of snow, covering just about everything from the grass to GG's car parked outside.  For M, it was such an exciting sight to which to wake up and he pranced around until we were able to come and confirm the magic of it all!  Too cute.

Later, the boys were itching to get outside, so up I went to rummage through their closet, praying the whole time that I had two pair of hand-me-down boots to facilitate their adventure.  There they were, in sizes 8 and 10!  Lord, have mercy!  They couldn't have been more perfect!!
My little snowmen
Out they went and in they came a bit later, soaking from head to foot, but so happy for the fresh air and energetic outlet.  Sure enough, as soon as it came, the snow melted yesterday afternoon and weather predictions boast 50-60 temps for the weekend to come.  Our snow day is gone, but will be treasured until the next one!  
Wet tush, here I come!
God bless!

2 comments:

Teacher-Mom said...

Gotta love those snow days! Ours is beginning to melt as well, but I can't say that I'm complaining.

Jessica said...

Looks like so much fun!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers