Saturday, August 11, 2007

Nosy neighbors


M and I have been nosy neighbors today, our noses poking through the blinds while we watch a new family move in. I explained to him what was happening even down to the helper guy tying his shoes! Terrible! I used to be so annoyed at people like us...

We grew up with the nosiest of neighbors. We couldn't step foot out of the house without a phone call from across the street asking what we were up to! There would have been no chance of my sister and I ever throwing a party in my parents' absence bc of these neighbors (not that we would have anyway!) We would have been discovered immediately! lol

And now I'm becoming that person... :) and dragging my son into it. :)

Nosy neighbors can be good, though, as I think back to my WONDERFUL Fort Carson neighbors and dear friends. I would know every morning when Sarah and Sally were awake by their open blinds facing our house (our secret bat signal, as we called it!). When Sarah went into labor, the blinds stayed closed. We knew something was up and rushed to the hospital. I loved being a nosy friend then. It was all for the good.

Hope your weekends have gotten off to a brilliant start! God bless...

(And thanks to Ryan and S for your awesome responses to Thursday's post--if you haven't checked out their comments, please do. So wonderfully insightful regarding prayer! Thank you!)

2 comments:

va mama said...

No more baby face for Matthew. He is becoming a handsome little boy..nosy, but handsome.

Sally said...

I wish my neighbors here were nosy. No one seems to notice we're newbies! I keep looking at people trying to catch their eye...and nothing! I miss our Navajo Village group.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers