Thursday, August 2, 2007

Dancin' with the Lord

Glory to God in the Highest

Sing, Glory to God

Glory to God in the Highest

And peace to His people on earth.

We are continuing to sing praises here in Gasperini-Ville. Just like our smiles, they will surely be around for awhile. And peace will be too. For where you find praise, you can also find peace.

What a foreign thing peace is to us, busy, worrying creatures. Just today I found myself fretting over a silly detail. STOP. Praises. Peace.

And while we continue to praise in a time of great blessing, I want to believe with all my heart that we would still have been praising had there been bad news. God is good in the good and the bad. He has been present from day one last November. He will continue to be present throughout today and tomorrow.

I am slowly grasping all of this in my mind and then heart. It may take awhile...
But in the meantime, Gasperini-Ville is in full dance and song, rejoicing with our Lord in His provision. And as a friend reminded me, God is dancing and singing right along with us (don't parents just delight in giving their children gifts? Boy has he gifted us!)

In fact, our dancing has carried over to joyous packing as we leave VA tomorrow to head back to the midwest and the third year of law school (Is this really happening? Pinch me again!) I will report in from the road. Thank you for walking, sprinting, praying, aching, crying, rejoicing through this life with us.
God bless you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

B & G-
Kati called me the other day to tell me this news. I had been sick for the last week or so thinking about what the upcoming 15 months might look like for your family. I can't tell you how much of an answer to prayer this is for the Snow household...as well as many many other households as well. We are thrilled and are Praising God with you!! B- Mama (hehe) I miss you and we need to talk soon. I love you dearly.
Lib

Jessica said...

Godspeed on your trip tomorrow. I can't believe you will be missing Will by hours...AGAIN! He gets in to VA late tomorrow night. One of these days, we will have a reunion. It's been 5 years of missing each other by hours or a day or so. We look forward to when we can see each other again and watch the kids play!

B-Mama said...

WOOHOO to watching our kids play in the future, Jess! And Lib, love you, girl, and can't wait to talk. Hugs, b

Sally said...

I was so thrilled for your family when Sarah called to tell me your GREAT news! What a great blessing for sure! Brian and I are also feeling blessed these days with him not being deployed for a while and with our Lil Boo on the way.
Drive safely tomorrow! Love ya!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers