Monday, February 13, 2012

THE Ninja of all ninja parties

We hosted a grand 7th hurrah-of-a-birthday party here on Saturday...
I had 8 of these jpg images blown up at Kinkos for $1.98/ea. We are now keeping the 4 nicest ones to frame and hang in M and T's room. Party and room decor, to boot!

For posterity sake, here is a rundown of the OCD-mama/former teacher ninja party schedule. I knew if we were going to have almost 10 *boys* running around here, it required a strict timetable. In the end, our timing was perfect and we were glad to have some order amidst the (potential) chaos. Custer's dog bowl and spoon helped to "gong" the boys from one activity to another...
2-2:10 boys arrive/bounce house in garage
2:10-2:35 ninja training (moved indoors due to rain)
2:35-2:40 set-up with popcorn and lemonade for Ninjago
2:40-3:05 Ninjago movie
3:05-3:20 Ninjago "pin the golden weapon" game
3:20-3:35 Cake and ice cream
3:35-3:45 Present opening
3:45-4 Bounce House/Free play* **
*send boys home with candy in popcorn holders
**Mom and Dad need a drink! :)
All of our planning paid off and the party proceeded without a hitch... Most importantly, M had a great time, which obviously was the whole purpose!
Ninja brothers beforehand

The party begins...
Little ninjas get ready
The ninja master daddy--hilarious!
ninja calisthenics
"Combination 1", led by tae-kwon-do ninjas M and C

Then it was time for Ninja Training Stations (props to GG): 1) "Ninja Stealth"--sneaking up the stairs, through a tunnel, down the other stairs, through a pop-up house, and back into the living room to pounce on pillow cushions


2) "Ninja Strike"--punching hanging bouncers with boxing gloves

3) "Ninja Kick"--practicing best kicks in the bounce house (and not on each other!)

After, it was time for a little ninja rest, complete with popcorn, and lemonade...
The "pin the golden weapon" game afterward went well and we were treated to a backdrop snowstorm in the process. The birthday boy won (no fair!) so all was well...
Then it was cake time...
Cake made from scratch purchased at Costco for 17.99. I do my best.



The ninjas seemed to enjoy themselves
And before we knew it, the party was over...

Thanks to our Mimi and Papa for their support and help throughout. Thanks to my GG for being the best daddy and creative teammate a girl could ask for! We did it! :)

Ahh, propping my feet but reveling in the goodness,

4 comments:

FL M said...

Watta team you are! Ninjas united and ready for the next mission! GG and you prepared them well. Though, we might be a bit afraid to drop-in next time!!xoxo!!

Carolina Girl said...

Wonderful!!! So creative! GG is such a good sport! I'll have to keep the timeline in mind as I plan Boo's 4thbday.

Well done ninjas!!

Carol said...

I have never seen a ninja theme before and I suspect I will be copying this at some point-my fav is hands down the Ninja training! Something very dashing about the white ninja...I don't know how you do it, pregnant and with four under-foot, but these are lucky boys.

Donna said...

Perfect Party! I love this idea and I know my little Marc would LOVE a party like this- great job! I get OCD about parties too- I want it all to flow- this one clearly did!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers