Monday, December 19, 2011

Ups And Downs

I wish I could pour out my soul to you right now, divulging all the nitty gritty details of this week past. But I'll summarize in saying there has been a lot of hurt among friends of ours right now. It is devastating to watch from afar and experience through the bonds of friendship. We are aching for others who ache... It is the ache of parents and their beloved children. It is thanks to the awesome, overwhelming vulnerability that accompanies the role of parenthood to these precious angel souls.

Their pain is raw. It is piercing. I wrote a little bit about it here, but since then more news has come our way and we are brought to our knees in prayer once again. We ask that you join us in praying for a family in Alabama who suffered a miscarriage, one in Illinois who lost their healthy 2yo son in his sleep, and another in Texas who just learned their developing baby has a fatal illness. We are so devastated.

The boys have become more accustomed to seeing mom crying. Dear ones. They were quick today to pat my back and fetch me a kleenex. I think it's good for them to see me deal openly with my emotions and know that life isn't an easy road, but that God is still present. We've talked a lot about these babies and the pain the families are suffering. They are learning. It is a tough lesson they will continue to learn, as I have.

Tomorrow marks our 20-week ultrasound and you can imagine how the recent events are making me wary. We are praying for a healthy baby and know God will give us what is perfect for His mighty plan. I just pray we are always open to that path... And in the meantime, I will be hugging my dear ones tightly. They are true gifts.

In prayer,

6 comments:

OH M said...

Lifting you all in prayer! May God ease the pain, suffering and the doubt that we carry. He will provide!

Teacher-Mom said...

We will keep you in our daily prayers and will be anxious to hear the good report from your 20 week ultrasound. It is always such a relief to hear that sweet sound of a heart beat during those visits. We have been doing a lot of praying and crying around our house lately as well. Not to add to your emotional roller coaster, but we could use as many prayers as possible...my Aunt Kris, who visited in Colorado a couple of times and who watched Joey weekly when he was little and was watching Max up until now, was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer a few months ago. At first the prognosis was very positive, particularly for pancreatic cancer. The planned chemo and follow up surgery were going to cure her. The chemo did not go well for her, though, and she was hospitalized for extended lengths as a result of it, so they had to discontinue and attempt the surgery, although the tumor was attached to several arteries. When they went in to do the surgery about 3 weeks ago, the inital scope found 2 more tumors in her abdomen, which means it traveled through her bloodstream. They are continuing the chemo (mostly for pain management because pancreatic cancer is painful), but her prognosis is no longer as hopeful. They doctors would give "healthy" person with this 12-18 months, but she also has celiac (which is when you are allergic to gluten/wheat), so that creates a whole new list of issues and concerns with the cancer, such as she can't hardly take pain medicine and she can't handle the chemo. They are thinking less than 12 months. Needless to say, we are all very upset, but trying to remain hopeful, as there is only One who knows when our time is. We are going to enjoy our time with her. The boys are taking it as well as they could- they don't really understand the big picture, but they know she is very sick. I am so sad for them and what is to come for them when it happens because they are very close to her. I will keep you posted. Sorry for such a long entry, but I knew you would lift her up in prayer and she needs it! Love you guys! Got your card-adorable!

B-Mama said...

Oh Teacher-Mom, what difficult trials for your family. I am so sorry you all are going through this, especially your poor aunt. I will definitely keep her in my prayers. I remember her very well and know she has a wonderful son, who was always so good to Joey. I was just thinking of him the other day and remembering what a good heart he has--trying to think through how to foster that in my own boys!

I will pray these coming months will be a fruitful time spent together for all of you. Let's catch up more soon. xox

Jenica Cory said...

Heartbreaking! It's especially too bad when losses occur around Christmas time. Not to be nosy, but is this anyone we know? Thinking and praying often for their peace.

Teacher-Mom said...

I would love to catch up with you soon B mama! My last day is a half one tomorrow, so if not before Christmas, then definitely after. Have a blessed holiday with your family and enjoy all of your newly created memories!

B-Mama said...

Jenica, one is a friend of Catherine's in B-ham and the others are P-ton related. Hope you are feeling well in these final days! Prayers!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers