Monday, December 5, 2011

Tutoring?

Have I mentioned I'm tutoring?
Middle and high school math and science! Yahoo!
I tutored for a bit when GG was in law school, but have been on break for a few years.

Until a neighbor approached me about tutoring her son in Algebra 1. There was my chance! He walks over to our house one evening/week when the kids are in bed and I am needing a change of pace--so we study all things Algebra for a glorious hour. At the start of the new year, I'll probably head out to the local high schools to see if I can get one or two more students. It's a fun side job and I'm greatly enjoying it.

I had a session with my one and only student tonight and was reminded of my calling to teach others, whether they be my children or other's children. Imparting knowledge, guidance, and understanding is about at the top of my list of life "highs". That proverbial lightbulb is pretty awesome to see light up! I'm so grateful to God for showing me this vocation early on in life. I started teaching Sunday School in 9th grade and haven't looked back since...

So I'm back dabbling in the world of Algebra 1. Thankfully this student is going easy on me and reminding me of the wonderful world of variables, linear equations, slope, absolute value, and more...

I am also reminded of how good it feels to produce, even if its just a little.

So there's a window into G-Ville life for one evening. Now, I'm off to tackle more Christmas cards...
God bless,

4 comments:

Queen B said...

B, this is awesome. We're going to need you over here soon! You are a great teacher and it is wonderful your gift can be a blessing to others in this way. Now, send us your Christmas card--our tree is bare!

OH M said...

And what do you do in your spare time?? ;-) Proud of you!

Kelley Brown said...

This is totally off base from your post, but congrats on your new one coming!! I smiled when I read your comment on my blog a few weeks ago. Glad you're paving the way to 5 kiddos before I get there so you can give me wisdom and advice! :) Hope you're feeling well!

Kelley

Krissy said...

Jealous- I wish a tutoree would fall into my lap. Hopefully I would still remember some math and science ;-)

Love the Santa photo.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers