Friday, June 10, 2011

On tap for today

*Carpet cleaning--we are saving $$ today using our steam cleaner rather than hiring the professionals. So far, so good. Our back stairs are thanking me for saving them from 2 years worth of dirt. Pouring out the collecting tank is always amazing to me--where does all that dirt come from??? I know, I know... my four children... and probably a little from their parents too!

*Running and Coffee--I logged almost 5 miles on the treadmill today. It was a good one--nice and steady and I felt strong after feeling pretty wimpy/weak this past week. Afterward, I got in a little magazine perusal while drinking gym coffee. Thank you, good Lord. My kids had a great time in child watch and mama got much-needed personal time. MG is starting to push back her morning nap, which is making me oh-so-happy and allowing these rare gym times. They are a Godsend!

*Lunch with GG! He came by to meet up with M for lunch at school and swung by the house to see us! woo hoo! Lunch with Daddy!! I don't think this has ever happened before, so we were tickled by the surprise.

*Date night tonight. Thank you, dear Mimi and Papa! Nothing puts a spring in my step like knowing GG and I are getting out together. This is vital!

*And last but not least, polo pictures from this past weekend, dahling...

My happy fam, despite it being SO hot!

The birthday girl, Rachel, and me. This is Nadia's mommy, who just gave birth a week prior to this picture! Her husband had this whole deal planned ahead of time, so they decided to proceed with plans. Nadia is doing GREAT--the hole in her heart closed and she's off the ventilator!

Stomping the divots--how polo of us!

Cheers to you for a glorious weekend!
God bless,

3 comments:

OH M said...

Rachel looks simply amazing! The healing of Nadia is such a praise. Thank you for the privilege of praying for that little one!

Enjoy that date night!! Where to, B and G?

Carolina Girl said...

I agree, I had to read again a few times to find out when she gave birth! She looks GREAT!! Praises for Nadia's healing.

I'm so glad to be back in the blogworld. I've missed you B-mama!

What great fun and great views!! That place is beautiful!

Hugs!

Carol said...

Oh, I am so jealous- I have always wanted to go watch a match. You ahve inspired me! Thanks for all your encouragement and I really do miss our Main Street Village Gym workouts. Isn't it always so much easier to get out of bed when you know you get to muddle through a workout with a friend? Good job on the 5 miles the other day also-of course you are tired by 2:00. I gettired just DRIVING 5 miles!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers